Uncategorized

If you want kids off their phones, get them on horseback

There’s been a lot of talk about how teenagers and young adults are constantly looking at their phones and being absorbed in social media. This is a new trend for a lot of us and the fact that Instagram followers means more than writing college essays says a lot. I think this has made a lot of people insecure over the years because as we know, on social media, there tends to be a lot of scrolling. Odds are the time spent on social media is used to find out what other people are up to. This makes us focus less on ourselves and more worried about other people. Without being on her phones for what feels like 24 seven, we can understand who we truly are and get to know her selves on a deeper level. Barn life can help with that.

It’s actually really funny, when you are at the barn there are so many things to do that the last thing you think about is being on your phone. I was super shocked when I found this out for myself. When I started going to my old barn about two years ago, there wasn’t even a desire to pick up my phone. Maybe it’s because horses occupy you to a point where you feel you don’t need to keep busy.

The best part about being off social media is actually discovering more about who you are as a person. It’s funny, you think we should know everything being that we are ourselves, but I think there is always a lifelong journey that is involved with this too. The benefit of being at the barn is you’re already discovering yourself being around horses. So with this sprinkled on top, you’ll feel like a whole new person.

It’s really refreshing to see kids live in the moment. I know a lot of teenagers and kids that just play video games a lot and don’t really experience the outdoor life as much as one should. Equestrians are great because not only are you living in the moment but you are also getting outdoors and enjoying nature. So take advantage of this awesome opportunity to not be absorbed by a bright screen. Barn life is very organic and has so much potential for you to reach your goals.