Uncategorized

The benefits of riding

One of the best things about only being introduced to horseback riding two years ago is that I remember a lot of what has happened. I remember my life without horses in it and, let me tell you, it was not fun. Insecurity had gotten the best of me then. I would overthink constantly and feel as if I was alone a lot of the time. It wasn’t until I was introduced to horseback riding that I really began to understand who I truly was and feel comfortable with being by myself. One of the biggest things I say when someone asks me about horseback riding is that it could change your mindset completely and give you the confidence you never thought you had. You’ll hear me mention confidence quite a few times within these blog posts.

Horseback riding offers a countless amount of benefits but I’d say the biggest one for me is always having that friend you can count on. I can’t explain it but the more I’m around horses, the stronger I feel. I once heard that they are the most spiritual animals. They have the power to connect with humans on another level but I never thought it would be this much. There’s another saying “animals don’t judge you“ and horses certainly don’t (unless you pull on their mouths). Sometimes I feel like animals are the only ones that don’t; you can never tell with humans.

Before my mom got into horses, she didn’t understand how I had a connection with them. She said they showed no emotion. My response to this was it’s all in the eyes. It’s hard to describe but I can really tell how they’re feeling. This connection makes you feel as if you’re never alone. There is something so genuine about horses’ eyes and they make you feel so content with life, even with its obstacles. It takes all of your insecurities away and allows you to live in the moment.

Whenever someone tells me about a problem they’re having, mentally, I suggest looking up a place that offers trail rides. I suggest just trying it once and see if being around horses really make a difference in their life, like it did mine. Seeing such a difference from when I first started riding to now has given me so much confidence. It has really inspired me to share my message through riding and use my platform to inspire others to get involved in equine activities. It completely changed my life and all I wish for people dealing with pain and anxiety to experience this for themselves.